1. The owner of the dog and/or cat have/has an Import Permit Issued by the Veterinary Officer of the Grenada Ministry of Agriculture. The Permit must be presented at the Port of Entry.
2. The dog and/or cat have/has been vaccinated against rabies within twelve (12) months prior to arrival.
3. The dog and/or cat are/is accompanied by a health certificate issued by a Veterinarian within the two (2) weeks prior to arrival.
4. The Grenada Veterinary Officer is notified of the Port of Entry and the time of arrival. In applying for the Import Permit, the owner must give the age, sex, colour and breed of is/her dog and/or cat.
The applicant must:
1. Complete the Pet Permit with the Applicant’s name and country of residence with pet.
2. Complete the particulars requested on your pet(s).
3. Complete the Port or Airport of Landing in GRENADA.
4. Complete the expected date of arrival in Grenada.
5. You have completed your portion of the permit.
6. Permit should be faxed to the Veterinary Department at (473) 440–4191 along with Health Certificate for approval and signature at least two (2) weeks prior to arrival in Grenada.
7. Please provide a return fax number to the Veterinary Department to have the signed Permit returned to you.
In order to avoid any unnecessary problems upon arrival, please make sure to follow all of the necessary steps required by the Ministry of Agriculture in Grenada. All documentation must be with you upon arrival in Grenada. Heartworm is prevalent in Grenada and due to the warm weather so it is critical that you bring enough preventative flea, tick and heartworm medications to last you during your stay in Grenada. Upon arrival into Grenada, a duty may be charged on pedigreed animals at customs. This fee is usually ten or fifteen dollars (USD).
Pet food can be readily purchased in local supermarkets, however, cat litter is not always available.
If you have a pet other than a dog or cat you must contact the Grenada Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Lands and Fisheries to determine whether or not the particular species will be granted entry to Grenada and what forms, permits, inoculations, etc. are required if such permission is granted.
The application should be sent to:
Veterinary Department Ministry of Agriculture Ministerial Complex
Tanteen St. George’s
GRENADA W. I.
Tel. (473) 440–2708 Fax. (473) 440–4191