FlyMontserrat policy on carrying pets and guide/assistance dogs:
Because our aircraft are small, without aisles and with no door preventing access to the cockpit, in the interests of safety all animals (including guide/assistance dogs) have to be carried in crates. These will be placed in the baggage compartment immediately behind the rear seats. A responsible person must travel on the aircraft with the pet.
All pets MUST be pre-booked with the office, advising us of the size and weight of the crate containing the animal. This is to ensure that there is room on the aircraft.
- Crates with animal – total weight under 50 lbs US$50
- Crates with animals – total weight between 50-70lbs US$100
For any crate with animal with total weight over 70 lbs we will need special assistance in handling. Price on request.
All owners must have the appropriate vetinary clearance paperwork for their pet to travel to its destination. This might include vetinary inspections and must be organized in advance.
Pets without vetinary clearances will not be allowed to travel.
You must have a correctly sized container otherwise we may have to refuse to take your pet. The following requirements must be met:
- The container must be large enough for the pet to stand up, turn around and lie down in a natural manner, leaving at least 2 inches between the top of your pet’s head and the roof of the cage. Your pet should be as comfortable as possible
- The container must be strong enough to protect your pet during transport, be secure enough to contain it and have sufficient ventilation on all four sides.
- The door must be secured in such a manner that it cannot open accidentally or your pet cannot open it during handling and transport
- The cage must have a leak-proof base
- Your pet’s nose and paws should not be able to fit through any ventilation opening or door mesh
- The container must have a water pot accessible from the outside
- Containers should be made from wood (not fibreboard), rigid plastic or fiberglass.